If you are an author/publicist/publishing house looking for reviewers, please read the entire review policy. Nothing is more annoying than an author who requests a book for review, but clearly has not read the review policy. Once you have read my policy, you can email me amaryllisturman [at] gmail [dot] com to send me a request to review your book. You can also mail me a copy of your book, but email me first for my address, of course.
Genres I accept:
I’m prefer the genre romance and, to some degree, I tend to read books that have some sort of romantic element to the plot. If it does not, the book needs to have a really interesting and unique plot line for me to accept.
- Contemporary Romance
- Fantasy/Urban Fantasy/ Futuristic
- Historical Romance (Victorian or Regency)
- Science Fiction
- Suspense or Mystery
This does not mean that I won’t review other sub-genres, I take any books with a romantic element under advisement. However, I do not read any books with vampires, demons, ghosts, goblins, or any other undead type of characters. Not my cup of tea.
Tips to keep us both happy:
- If you have a deadline for the review, let me know when you make your request. Do not tell me there is no rush and then email me every week asking when the review will be done. I have a full time job and reading is my hobby. There is a long list in my TBR pile and it is prioritized due to my time constraints.
- If you want the review to be published on a certain date as part of a blog tour/event or in advance of your book release, make sure you give me plenty of time in advance (like 1-2 months).
- I prefer to review in epub or .mobi formats. I will accept PDFs but it may take longer for me to read.
- I prefer ebooks to paper copies of books. I will accept paper copies, but just know that I am running out of space on all my bookshelves.
- I am a very opinionated woman. My reviews are my honest opinions. I try to temper my negative reviews so that they are not harsh because I respect the process. However, I will not give you a positive review just because you gave me a book.
- If I accept an advance copy of your book, I will review it. If you email me a copy of your book unsolicited, the fact that I open the email does not qualify as “my acceptance”. Send me an email with the book blurb or a short synopsis to ask if I will accept the book before sending me the file.
It is my prerogative to:
- decide to decline requests
- decide not to post a review
- decide I do not want to finish reading the book
- decide not to participate in blog tours or other promotional requests
- post a negative review
I love authors and try to work with you with whatever situation may arise. Be patient with me and I will do the same. If you are interested in a review, email at amaryllisturman [at] gmail [dot] com with any questions or concerns you might have.Leave a comment