Thanks Rohan for nominating me for my first blog award. I knew 2013 was going to be a good year 🙂
The Beautiful Blogger award has been given to me by inspirational superstar Rohan who has found 7 things that have helped him find happiness (but I digress…more on that later). I like reading his posts because he has a interesting perspective on life. Plus, his photography is phenomanal!
So the rules state that I must give 7 facts about myself that are not listed on my “About Me” page, and then pass the award onto 7 other bloggers, so here goes:
- I love Johnny Cash songs.
- I am working on my first romance novel. I am not writing everyday but when I think of a scene, I type it out. At this pace, I might be finished in another 3-5 years. But I’m in no hurry.
- I like aromatherapy and other holistic remedies. I create and sell scented bath scrubs and salts using different essential oils.
- My hubby and I are like a real life version of Green Acres (Green Acres was about Oliver Wendell Douglas (Eddie Albert), an erudite New York City attorney, acting on his dream to be a farmer, and Lisa Douglas (Eva Gabor), his glamorous Hungarian wife, dragged unwillingly from the city life she adored to a ramshackle farm- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Acres.) Hence the chickens in #5 🙂
- My hubby and I have chickens that lay eggs most days. I named them lazy chicks because they get lazy sometimes. and don’t lay eggs as often as I would like them to. I have to threaten to make chicken soup in order for them to act right.
- To make a living and pay the bills, I work as an international trade compliance specialist.
- I am an ambassador for the local Chamber of Commerce in my town. It has helped me to have a greater appreciation for small businesses. Chain stores and franchises are good, but I try to support small business whenever possible.
Nominate 7 Bloggers & Tell them you nominated them!! So here are my nominees:
- Quirkywritingcorner – This blog is aptly named because the posts are quirky and random. I think that is part of her charm. She is a published fiction author that provides her point of view on life experiences. Check her out, become friends, and maybe you might have a guest appearance in her next book.
- bldodson – I love reading all of Bruce’s stories but especially the tales of two kitties named Buckmister and Amber. Check out his blog to see what I am talking about.
- allergictomylifebattle – I have food allergies but not to this extent. I think that everyone should read this blog to understand what is is like for a person whose food choices are limited because it is a life and death matter (not exaggerating).
- thejigglybits – In the short time since I have found her blog, I feel like I have found a kindred spirit who consistently tells it like it is in a humorous way.
- budgetcookingblog – I don’t cook a lot, but I like seeing the pictures on this blog to give me ideas when I get the urge to whip something up in the kitchen. If you like to cook, you will get ideas. If you don’t like to cook, these posts will probably make you hungry and want to try to cook.
- bbanublog – Her creative writing skills take you as the reader on a journey. I feel as if, there should be mediation music playing in the background while I read her blog.
- thebrandbuilder – He provides very useful information how to create your brand and market it effectively. His in depth analysis has helped me to look at the way I am doing things in order to make sure I am conveying the message that I want my readers to capture. Read it and be informed.
Congrats to you! That is so wonderful. It is well deserved. And thank you for the shout out as well. That is mighty kind of you. Enjoy your success 🙂
Thank you for your kind comments. I am trying to be more regular with my posts, but I don’t see it yet. I plan to check out the other posts.
Keep at it. It took me sometime to get to this point.