In Bed with the Highlander ♥ ♥ ♥♥
Moirag is on a holiday to research her family history. She is staying in a castle for the night in the year 2013. When she wakes up during the night, there is a hot guy in her bed and the year is 1715.
Gavin is a highlander whose fortune is getting better and better. Yet, he does not know what to make of Moirag and her story.
I was not prepared for the time travel aspect of the book (I missed that tidbit when reading the synopsis), but I loved it. In any event, this was a fun short story that is about 70 pages.
The back-and-forth between the two characters was entertaining. Both were trying to figure out what happened.
Gavin was definitely intrigued by Moirag because she was like no woman he had ever known. It took some time for Moirag to come to terms with the fact that she travelled through time and was not in an elaborate dream sequence. I think that would be a normal reaction if a person was mysteriously thrust back in time. And if it was a dream, no time like the present to get to know this hottie Highlander.
Since the story was short, I do not want to say too much and give anything way. However, what made this book for me was the way it ended. LOVED IT. Too cute. Perfect. Whenever time travel is involved, there could be a few different possible endings. Not everyone fits each story line. The author got it right with this one.
It may only take about an hour to read, but this book will have you wanting to sleep in an old castle to see if time travel is really possible. What would you do for the chance at meeting a sexy Highlander? 😉
Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl ♥♥
Jamie is video game playing geek girl that gets transported 200 years into the past landing in Micah’s house. Micah is an Earl that is courting a woman who he thinks is respectable enough to draw attention away from the fact that one of his mistresses died from poisoning. It seems the sole reason for Jamie to be transported back in time was for her to love Micah the way he deserved to be loved.
That is the whole book in a nutshell. I did not read the blurb about the book, going solely on the cover to choose my purchase. My mistake. I was ill prepared for the time travel aspect. Getting over that, I proceeded to accept that and try to enjoy the book as best I could. No biggie.
The more I read, the more annoyed I was with Jamie.
- She gave everyone a nickname. She insisted on calling Micah “Mike”. I do not like it when people do that. I think it is disrespectful.
- I could not understand how it was that she did not like Micah one minute and then, just as quickly, she was in love with him.
- She knows she is 200 years in the past, but she keeps making a big deal of the vast cultural differences as if she never read a history book. She wants Micah to treat her as a modern woman like that would not be as much of a cultural shock to him as it was to her.
- Even though she was called a geek girl, she did not seem all that smart to me. Being a self-proclaimed geek (also part of a local Geek group), I want to say that being a geek is more than just playing video games all the time with no discernible social life.
I was not as annoyed with Micah but there were some holes in the story
- Micah seemed to be too straitlaced to be considered scandalous
- How he decided he was in love was another mystery for me. Halfway through the book, he declared in effect that would marry for duty and not love.
Jamie was an uncouth, brash, loser girl who needed to get her life together before she could think about falling in love. In my opinion, she was not over the breakup with her ex-boyfriend. Micah was an uptight earl who was unlucky in love because he was so stubborn. It is not that he was unlikable, but he was not that likeable either. By the time the story finished, I was indifferent to whether or not they would be happy.